[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Prometheus
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Prometheus
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 pm 

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:21 pm 

I saw it a while ago, Really enjoyed it, Thought the film looked amazing in 3D, Regardless if its a prequel or not, It makes a really great entry to the Alien universe.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 pm 

Finally got to see Prometheus. Yay Mexican film distributors for being sucky!

Anyways. I have mixed feelings about it...
It's good because the plot is intriguing, the message is thought-provoking and the visuals are kinda astounding.
It's bad because it really has truly stupid moments... Some plot-holes here and there (mostly continuity errors), and the ending is kinda "meh".

I'll just leave it as "It's worth seeing".

Also...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 am 

I really enjoyed the movie. It does get a bit silly by the end, but I feel like they were adding action because the studio probably told them it needed more action scenes, but it doesn't ruin the awesome story for me.

I will say having just seen the prequel to The Thing, this is the proper way to do a prequel. The Thing prequel was just going through the motions showing everything that was hinted at or outright explained in John Carpenter's masterpiece. Such a waste of time and no suspense whatsoever when you know everything that is going to happen.

With Prometheus, there are hints of Alien scattered throughout, but it sets off an entirely different plot that has potential to branch out and do its own thing without needed to cross paths with the rest of the franchise again. Great job.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 pm 

I saw it a second time last week. It was much better the first time when I didn't know everything that was going to happen. I still enjoyed it though. Not sure how well it will hold up on repeat viewings. It still looks amazing though.

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 pm 

I saw it earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed, even if there was a sense of "I've seen this before" there was enough different thought provoking things that I'm very interested in a sequel. The 3D was great, too. It's nice to see some real good movies really get that right these days.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies