[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Critical Myth Schedule for Week of 13 Dec 2015
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Critical Myth

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:28 pm 
Critical Myth

MONDAY - (Show #639) - Questions of Existence: Part I

Genre news and feedback from the past two weeks!

Covering the bottom shows of the week ending 01 Dec 2015:
3) Grimm 5.05: "Rat King"
2) Legends 2.05: "The Legend of Terrence Graves"
1) The Librarians 2.07: "...and the Image of Image"

Covering the top shows of the week ending 01 Dec 2015:
3) Agents of SHIELD 3.10: "Maveth"
2) Jessica Jones 1.03: "It's Called Whiskey"
1) Doctor Who 9.12: "Hell Bent"

WEDNESDAY - (Show #640) - Questions of Existence: Part II

Finishing up the episodic discussion for the week ending 01 Dec 2015!

FRIDAY - (Show #641) - Questions of Existence: Part III

Feedback and Open Topics!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 pm 

(RE: Show 639) I’m sorry to say you guys were a little off on the death of Harry Morgan. Sadly he passed away several years earlier on December 7, 2011. On the up side I’m happy to report that Abe Vigoda is still alive.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:23 pm 

(RE: Show 639) “Doctor Who” is another show that has narrowly avoided the chopping block for me. In recent years I’ve just felt un-entertained by the program. Honestly I didn’t even watch any of it until the final episode of the season aired. Episodes seem to rely more and more on a Time Lord version of Treknobable along with rapid-fire pacing and gimmicks. Additionally like Gary I was disappointed by the complete disregard of the consequences of the Time War. I’ve believe that the Christopher Eccleston episode ‘Dalek’ is the penultimate story of the revived series. The total loneliness of expressed by both the Doctor and the Dalek throughout that episode really portrayed the sorrow of what it means to be the last of your kind. Since then though the Dalek’s have become more and more an overused villain and now it seems the Time Lord’s are heading down the same path. This past season though seems to recapture for me some somber Doctor of days past and there also seems to be more of an acknowledgment of the consequences of the Doctors actions to the world around him. It’s still s series teetering on the edge for me, hopefully though Capaldi will continue to bring some balance to it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:24 am 

(RE: Show 640) I think what liked most about the “Supergirl” episode ‘Human for a Day’ is how the alien character Jemm reminded me so much of “Babylon 5’s” Soul Hunters . Since Warner’s own both properties I wonder if one day we’ll see a rebooted B5 on the CW featuring the “Legion of Superheroes” in place of the Rangers. What do you think Gary?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:07 pm 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Critical Myth