[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Dragon*Con 2012
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » And now for something completely different... » Off-Topic

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Dragon*Con 2012
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm 
Critical Myth

I've seen mentions and heard chatter, but I didn't see a topic devoted to this year's Dragon*Con, so I thought I'd start one.

Who else is going? What are you looking forward to?

Post subject: Re: Dragon*Con 2012
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:31 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I'm going to be down there FIVE days. I get into the hotel Thursday afternoon, and then leave Monday afternoon. (Yeah, I'm local, and STILL stay in one of the host hotels all weekend. That's so I can stay up all night and play Are You A Werewolf.)

They just introduced a proper video game track for this year (rather than just "MMO" or tabletop gaming) so I'm looking forward to some of that. The podcasting panels are always pretty fun, although VOG formed too late to get in on that action (next year!!) and...Well, who knows. I tend to do stuff at D*C I never thought I'd do. I like to just let it happen.

NOTE: For those of you coming in by air and taking MARTA to Peachtree Center (N1) station, please note that the escalators that you usually go on to get to the Hyatt and the food court will be CLOSED. There are other escalators and elevators that will get you up to the surface from that station, but they aren't as convenient, and will make you cross the street. Here's the Daily Dragon post explaining the situation.

They used to have their advertising slogan "MARTA - it's SMARTA" but they wisely got rid of that a few years ago because it was false advertising.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 am 
Orange Lounge Radio

I look "forward" to being a jealous hater from my home, as I'm not able to make it to Dragon*Con this year.... NEXT YEAR (praying we can have another year of no PAX conflict)

Seriously though, you guys have fun and remember-- PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 pm 
PodCulture

I'm looking forward to seeing all the folks at D*C again this year. It is always cool to meet up with folks you listen to on podcasts. (heh...just realized that between all my roomies we will have at least one person for all three Monday night VOG shows)

Rob...wish you could make it this year dude!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 pm 
Under Sedation LIVE!!

For myself it's being at large Con for the first time in over a decade. And to be surrounded by fellow geeks for 4 days will be enjoyable.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:34 pm 
Critical Myth

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm 
Critical Myth

Jeez, how much Werewolf gets played at D*C? Last year, me and a friend stumbled onto a late night/early morning game in the Hyatt and wound up hanging around until a bit after 5am.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:06 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

The bowels of the Hilton is where the gaming area is, and starting around 10PM, the hardcore Werewolf players take over one of the back corners. There will be about 4 or 5 games of 20 people each going on at any time, and then as the night goes on, people leave, and we get down to one game of just a bunch of us people who play a lot. By this point, we know how each other acts from previous games (and even previous YEARS) so it turns into a VERY psychological game where a lynching decision could take up to 30 minutes. I typically play until about 6 or 7AM, and then go sleep in the room after some other people woke up to go to the morning stuff.

There are a few people that I see every year JUST playing Werewolf in this area.

This past year, I was always lynched as a villager very late in the game, right as I figured out who the werewolves were. I couldn't convince the other villagers that I was right, though, and they'd wind up losing after lynching me and then being eaten by the remaining wolves. Sadly, psychology is NOT my strongsuit...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 pm 
Critical Myth

Yeah, I remember the super-psychology. The only time I got to be a werewolf, I came SO close to winning I could almost taste it. And I remember everyone getting loopier as the morning wore on, especially the moderator, who had mad UST going on with one of the players. And no one knew anyone else's name (unless they'd met outside the game), so we'd just call people things like "red shirt", "green shirt", "unicorn", "hat", etc.

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » And now for something completely different... » Off-Topic