Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies

Page 3 of 5 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:11 pm 

There's 2 new free offerrings on the Zune Mrketplac -

1) I Love the 1880's (Season 1, Episode 1: Presidents Gone Wild)
2) Countdown to Apocalypse (Season 1, episode 1: Maya Messages)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 pm 

After a bit of a dry spell, I am happy to announce that there are some new freebies on PSN & Zune/Xbox. They are as follows [edited list]:

1) 1600 Penn (S1, E1)
2) Chicago Fire (S1,E1)
3) Grimm (S1, E1)*
4) Smash (S1, E1)
5) Psych (S1, E1)
6) The Real Housewives of Atlanta (S1, E1)
7) The Real Housewives of Orange County (S1, E1)
8) The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (S1, E1)
9) Masterpiece: Downton Abby (S1, E1)**
10) Deception (S1, E1)
11) The Mindy Project (S1, E1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
* Denotes that it's free on PSN only (for now)
** Denotes that it's free on Zune/Xbox only (for now)

Last edited by Rageinator on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 pm 

UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that there's a typo in my last post. The correct name for the one tv episode is 1600 Penn, *NOT* 1800 Penn. Furthermore, it's now available on Zune/Xbox Video.

As an aside, if you are one to access Zune/Xbox Video by way of the Zune software on PC, there is a sectionfor free TV Pilots now, which MS seems to be updating regularly. Just look under Video ----> TV & when the screen shows "Free TV Pilots" near the top in their featured area (it cycles periodically), just click on it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 pm 

There are a bunch of new videos (free) that are confirmed for @ least Zune Marketplace (or Xbox Video.... whatever you wanna call it), w/ the possibility of therse also appearing for free on the other sevices as well. There are a bunch of "best of" fights listed undr Get Ready for UFC 155, plu the pilot to Incredible Crew is also free.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:01 pm 

The pilot to Kroll Show is now free/available on the Zune Marketplace. I cannot confirm if it's being free/available on PSN or iTunes as well.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:51 pm 

Here are some new freebies that are confirmed for @ least Xbox Video, w/ the possibility of these also bing free on the other services:

1) Workaholics (S1, E1)
2) Frenemies: Loyalty Turned Lethal (S1, E1)
3) Kroll Show (S1, E1)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm 

I have discovered that Out There (S1, E1: A Chris By Any Other Name) is also free on Zune/Xbox Video. Whether or not this show is free on iTunes and/or PSN is unlnown to me.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 pm 

As of Tuesday 1/15/13, the pilot to Pete Rose: Hits & Mrs. is confirmed to be free for at least Zune Marketplace (Xbox Video). It is unknown whether or not it is (or will be) free on iTunes and/or PSN.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 am 

While this pericular post isn't to notify pople of new freebis, I am writing to answer a frequently asked question - how do I find the freebies for the services? Well, this is how I do it:

For PSN (@ least prior to the theft of my PS3 & from what I heard about the redesign of the PSN store) I'd look at the video side of the store, go to the TV shows tab, thn the Free TV subtab. There you'd find a listing of what is available, with newer entries listed first. Seeing as I no longer have a PS3 & hence can't familiarize myself with tthe new layout, I dunno how accurate this method remains.

With Zune/Xbox video, things are a bit of a pain to find, because the freebies aren't centrally located like how PSN does it, so it takes a bit of hunting around. Now, it's been awhile since I've owned an Xbox360, & as such I've forgotten how thingswere organised on there, so Iwon't comment on that. Now, from a PC, thhere is multiple methods I use. While using a wb browser, I go to this perticular link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVSho ... eleaseDate

While here, I look at the first row or 2 fairly regularly (at least once a day). If I see anything new there (such as Generic Awesome Anime, for example) I click on it, look each season if there's more than 1, & look specifically at the 1st episode or 2. More likely thn not, if Generic Awesome Anime is a new series or a returning series, the 1st episode of a given season will e free. This is by no means a guarantee that i *WILL* be free, but the odds are in your favor.

Also, on occaision one can find freebies here too: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Movie ... eleaseDate
Now the difference here is, there are no free movies. Rather, what you will find for free is the occaisional free 10 minute preview of certain movie releases or some misc. behind-thhe-scenes stuff, either for newer releses or older tiles. I've been known to find some BTS stuff for older 007movies, for Prometheus, etc. Basically, it's luck of the draw here.

Now if you want to do the search from within the Zune software, I basically use simillar methods. At one point I used to look at Top Episodes & Top purchases lists from within the software because ppl would catch on to what's free, those would become popuar, & hence become easier to find, *HOWEVER* as of late I noticed that these lists were seemingly not ein updated, so it's safe to say that these should be ignored... at least for the time being, anyways.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm 

While not actually a free video (but in the spirit of the thread), act_deft pointed out this freebie on Popcap's site - free Peggle. Here is the link: http://www.popcap.com/promos/pax-east-2013

Also, Storage Wars (Season 4, Episode 1) is free on Zune/Xbox Video. Here is the link to that: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVSho ... 52b16f#Ep1

**EDIT** I neglected to mention another (older) freebie that probably won't be free for much longer - the pilot to Bates Motel on Zune. Here's the link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVSho ... ffce72#Ep1

Page 3 of 5 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies