The Bobby Blackwolf Show

568 - 04/30/17 Bobby Blackwolf Show - Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 5.0, Nintendo New 2DS XL

• The Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 5.0 was this past weekend, and I took very little video, so I'll just tell you about it here.
  • Amazon dropped the ball on their Mario Kart 8 Deluxe delivery, so it sounds like Prime is not so Prime anymore.
  • Nintendo has announced the New 2DS XL and this marks the end of 3D handheld gaming.
  • Then we take calls about 3D, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Othello, and a new show coming to VOG!

Download the MP3! - 19MB, 54 minutes 45 seconds

Podcast by - 5/6/2017 5:09 PM39 views

Comments

e3vL
e3vL
5/7/2017 12:32 PM

1 0

On the 2ds xl
Just a theory, but if history thought me anything and if it repeats. The 2ds and 3ds line on its last legs in terms of new game (at least AAA first party) launches. Game companies usually release a new system with different specs but with a slim, compact design the last year of it's life cycle and market it as a budget console/system with a huge game library.

Examples of past game console/system:
PS One (slim version of original PlayStation)
Game boy micro
PlayStation 2 slim
Playstation 3 super slim
Xbox 360 E

3D is not dead. Think that Nintendo slowly phase it out for the launch of the 2ds xl to cut cost. If you look at the price it's exactly half of the switch's price very inticing for parents who on a budget especially with the 2ds xl having a larger library if games (probably why no vc on switch yet for excuse to buy 2ds xl over switch
act_deft
act_deft
5/7/2017 1:10 PM

1 0

Wow, I'm now a verb!

"Damn dude, you got act_deft by Amazon!"
"Really Best Buy? You're gonna act_deft me?"

But yeah, Amazon really needs to step up its shipping game. It sucks that you are not sure if you'll get your game on release or not now.
e3vL
e3vL
5/7/2017 1:37 PM

0 0

Guess I was one of the lucky ones and got Mario kart. 8 deluxe from Amazon on release day.

In the topic of Mario kart 8 deluxe, anyone else have connections issues when playing online? I know it's not my internet since I can play PSN, Xbox live and PC games with no lag or d/c whatsoever. I tried doing the turn off and on tactic as well as changing dsn settings to manual. Any trouble shooting tips would be appreciated. Thank you
act_deft
act_deft
5/7/2017 5:10 PM

0 0

I did get Mario Kart 8 on time from Amazon this time around though. But again, it's now a guessing game from Amazon at this point.

Also, yeah. I've had some issues with the online. It's not terrible but it's a problem nonetheless.
e3vL
e3vL
5/7/2017 1:26 PM

1 0

Sorry about some grammar errors in my last comment. Was typing it in really fast without editing during my lunch break and no way to edit past comment

*Taught me anything
*New game releases
**New system SAME specs (maybe a bit faster/ cooler, quieter)

Additional notes:

New version of old console/system release after the next generation already released

2ds xl is not slimmer or compact, but have the clam shell design every wanted in the original 2ds
Bobby Blackwolf
Bobby Blackwolf
5/7/2017 7:24 PM

0 0

I totally didn't check for comments when I was trying to deal with the stream issues this week so I'll be sure to read these next week and I'll even fix the grammar stuff for you :)
Log in to add your own voice and receive points by leaving good comments other users like!