Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VideO Game Jam #VOGJam

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:55 am 

Not bad for a jam game. This would feel good as either a stage-based shooter (Pocky & Rocky, Granada) or a twin-stick arena shooter (Robotron, Geometry Wars), so I'd develop this further toward one of those game types. Try giving the enemies AI routines that shoot back. Also, try to add gamepad support if The Games Factory has it.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:16 pm 

hey thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to find out if I have to wait to add things to my game til they review it or if I can start on the updates right away, but I'll see if I can add some of those things in! I think I also forgot to implement extra lives too (which should've been easy I know... but I was visiting my dad during most of it so I didn't wanna spend too much of my time up there on this)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:17 pm 

hey thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to find out if I have to wait to add things to my game til they review it or if I can start on the updates right away, but I'll see if I can add some of those things in! I think I also forgot to implement extra lives too (which should've been easy I know... but I was visiting my dad during most of it so I didn't wanna spend too much of my time up there on this)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:17 pm 

That's cool, I didn't have time to implement extra lives either. You can probably put up a post-jam version of the game as long as the 3-week version you actually submitted is still available at the same place it is now.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:36 pm 

ah okay so just upload it with a new filename/version number?! yeah that I think I can do. I'll probably see if I can fix it up a little better in MMF2 (which I just realized it's possible the TGF1 exe might not run on newer machines)

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » The VOG Network » VideO Game Jam #VOGJam