Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Anime

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 pm 

source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... er-trailer

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UhLderb ... T5bRui7DVI

According to the article, it'll include the Japanese original audio, plus BOTH the Streamline Pictures dub (from the original VHS release) as well as the Pioneer version of the dub.

Unfortunately I only have the last one that was released by Pioneer in that massive steelbook case... so I think it may be time to upgrade.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Akira was my first anime, as far as I can remember. I borrowed a friends' VHS copy.

I bought the tin on DVD that you referenced when it came out. I watched the extras and stuff, but I still, to this day, have not actually rewatched the movie on that DVD.

I think it's because I knew it wouldn't make any more sense now than it did when I first watched it.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree that movie was a mindfuck and a half ... while it wasn't my first anime (that was Venus Wars, back when SyFy spelt their name properly and actually showed anime regularly) but I'd love to own the upgraded version if it had the Streamline dub on it.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm 

As much it pains me to say this, I never saw Akira. While I was a kid, I did see such anime as Voltron on a regular basis, plus the odd episode of either Robotech or DBZ, it wasn't until years later that I recognized anime as it's own genre, actively started watching it on tv, & eventually stated buying it on disc or digitally. Hell, it wasn't until 2007 or so that I even heard of the title Akira. I hear that it's good, so I intend to seek it out.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:49 pm 

Just keep in mind that the original theatrical release was rated R, it's quite violent and gory. But if you can handle that, I do recommend checking it out.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:57 am 

Do any of you know if theres a digipak, digibook or slipcover release of this movie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Anime