[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Nintendo Mobile Games (591)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:39 pm 

Going off the big news last week that Nintendo is going to be making games (of their popular franchises) for Mobile/Smart Phone/Tablet/Smart Device/ect. This was a very significant move by Nintendo since they have been very reluctant to allow their franchises to be on platforms other than their own. Many people (including investors) felt it was about time for the company to venture into the mobile market while some are hesitant. Regardless, Nintendos franchises will be reaching a far broader audience than it has before.

But this news has made me wonder; What type of games and what Nintendo Franchises could we see ourselves playing on these devices? What games would YOU like to see/play on these devices?

Here are some of my picks:

Pokemon Shuffle:

This seems like a no-brainer to me. This game has already been downloaded over 2.5 million times (http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-shuff ... free-play/) and its really fun to play. It gets highly addictive and I can see it prying away the CandyCrush/BeJeweled players.

Advance Wars:

I've been waiting a long time for this franchise to make a comeback and I think the mobile platform is the perfect place for it. The game just screams a very fun tablet experience and even allow some possible multiplayer aspects.

WarioWare:

While it may be a little gimmicy I think WarioWare would be great on the mobile platform. Utilizing devices gyroscopics I think this could be a very fun and probably public embarrassing experience. I can also see some fun "pass and play" multiplayer mechanics.

What are some of your picks?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:14 pm 

Those would make excellent mobile games, Mobile games don't really give you the AAA experience, you get from the Wii U or 3DS.

I see them more as companion games to the bigger ones.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:43 pm 

Since Hearthstone is a mobile game that I think is amazing and does mobile gaming right by not forcing players to nickle and dime themselves to death in order to have fun, I sorta hope they do a Hearthstone style trading card game with Nintendo's All-Stars and their famous abilities featured on the cards.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:53 pm 

One of the things I see happening, Is using the Mobile games to unlock things, Nintendo could make a Pokemon Mobile game, That will let you unlock Pokemons on the 3DS or Wii U games.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:49 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 am 
Orange Lounge Radio

Great topic! I'm still not convinced mobile in it's current form can ever replace the 3DS and give us a rich experience like Bravely Default or Xenoblade Chronicles (the way the technology in the 3DS is upgrading), but certianly mobile is creating it's own must-see experiences. I think that's the key for this Nintendo thing to work-- don't just port the same stuff, make new stuff. Although, Matt's list at the start of this post is a pretty good call out of franchises that are asleep (advance wars) or not really working on the current hardware that are better suited for mobile (shuffle). Love Flaco's idea of a trading card game featuring nintendo all stars. I wonder if the Pokemon TCG can be ported to phones a la Magic? Maybe that's not something they are interested in doing though, which I can understand.

I'm going to throw out a crazy idea-- I know we've been focusing on games, but Nintendo should think about reviving Nintendo Power as an app. How cool would it be to have all those archives of Nintendo Power on your phone? And they could do a digital magazine sort of thing with it, I think a lot of people would get a kick out of seeing new content every week/month in the app...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 pm 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio