Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Nostalgia (587)
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm 

Touching on the discussion that happened late in the episode, with Sonic, nostalgia, etc.

The caller that suggested it was akin to "chasing that first high" may have been on to something, for some people at least. But while the human body is constantly changing and no two drug samples are the same, old video games are unique in the fact that they never change, ever. Every old game is exactly the same as it was all those years ago. Now I'm not sure if I'm just different or strange, but in recent times, when I've gone back and played Mega Man 2, Super Mario World, or other favorite games I played as a kid, I feel the same joy as I did back then. Everything is just as I remembered it, and I love revisiting these old classics again and again. This applies even to old Atari or Commodore games. I wonder if maybe this is because I've gone back to this stuff every few years...there hasn't been a huge gap of 15 or 20 years.

How does everyone else feel when revisiting these old things?

Post subject: Re: Nostalgia (587)
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:42 pm 

The games don't change, but I can certainly see how the experience does. Getting older, developments in gaming & technology, the shift in how we play games socially, all affect it. For me, I suppose that nostalgia is more for that moment in time than just the game itself.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio