Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 am 
Orange Lounge Radio

Okay so a story of particular importance to ME (and since no one else is posting, I will talk about things I like mwahaha) from this last weeks show was the announcement that there is a new license holder for Lumines and Meteos, and that new games will be made for mobile platforms with Tetsuya Mizuguchi's guideance.

Admittedly I had a bit of an eye roll upon hearing this news, pretty much resigning myself to the fact that these series were going to end up dead. After all, the last lumines game that was on iOS I remember being really really horrible (I think it had to do with the touch controls, it didn't work). However then there's the part where Mizuguchi is still involved. That made me perk up a little more, as it would seem to lend a bit more authenticity to the project.

Meteos, specifically, I think might actually translate pretty darn well to mobile devices. It might be tough to cram a lot of things onto the singular screen, but if they keep the screen as the playfield without a whole lot of the extras like viewing playfields of opponents and so on, it might let the touch controls actually kind of work well. After all, the prior games on 3DS used the stylus to swap pieces around. The Disney version of Meteos had you holding the 3DS sideways to maximize vertical playfield space (like a phone would be). It's possible... and this series has been dormant long enough that I would certainly welcome it back.

Lumines I'm feeling... Still far less optimistic than I am with meteos simply because touch controls have a very very hard time translating to precision controls often needed in a puzzle game environment, but I'm willing to give it a shot, especially if it's free with bonus packs to buy. Hey, maybe we will FINALLY see Madonna in Lumines after all these years (this is a thing that almost happened on the 360 in case you forgot). Or maybe they can bring back Missy Elliott's "Lose Control" from Lumines 2... after all she is experienceing a comeback thanks to the super bowl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Okay so I can't be the only fan of these games out there... what do you guys think of these potential reboots?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio