[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - interesting reddit AMA (for our music game fans)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:43 pm 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DaveAndBusters ... ment_game/

So reddit had an 'AMA' over this past weekend with the Senior VP of Entertainment and Game Strategy at Dave and Buster's, Kevin Bachus. What was interesting is not that there were quite a few BEMANI fans asking about their favorite games, but some of his responses were quite surprising! some highlights:

- if DDR2015 (again I'm pretty sure it's just localized 2014) does well he would consider adding it alongside Pump it Up. He's been trying to get Dance Evolution but so far has been unsuccessful. He also tried to get a location test here for Sound Voltex Booth (SDVX) but he hasn't had time to stay on top of it.

- He's also expressed interest in jubeat (don't forget that j is silent, and he did address that whole thing, though!) and has talked to Konami about it from time to time. (sounds like the problem there is the music licenses)

- Someone asked about Taiko Drum Master/Taiko no Tatsujin but it doesn't seem like it'll happen. (Primarily because Namco-Bandai didn't sound particularly interested in bringing it over here)

but Namco-Bandai ARE doing a test for POKKEN Tournament at D&B, so keep an eye out for that!

But overall I think it's a pretty great read and does give me some hope (if even a little bit) for a resurgence of the music games over here. I mean if they can at least land DDR 2014 over here they could potentially make the series somewhat popular over here again, introduce a whole new generation of players to the game.

Especially when you consider there's far more D&B locations compared to the only other place that has the game, Round 1 (which I believe only has a handful of locations here in the US.) so it'll be interesting to see what develops from all that news.

Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:29 pm 

Yeah, I actually asked a question. It's really great that despite the fact he's responsible for a very large company, that he is also a gamer, and is familiar with many current Japanese games including Bemani. It gives me a lot of hope for the future and makes me want to spend more money there. (Granted, there are already some good reasons...if you somehow haven't yet played Dark Escape 4D, you need to go there and do it.)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:52 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:54 am 

Had to bump this for this follow-up but looks like it's happening, the locations that will be getting Dance Dance Revolution A have been announced! For us local folks in Sacramento looks like the location in Roseville will be getting it, so I may plan a pilgrimage out to go play it!!:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/2016/07/05/d ... -revealed/

Also kinda neat, are some all-new licensed songs! (I'm not sure if they're just exclusive to the US versions, or if the other regions will get them, but kinda neat anyway!)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Orange Lounge Radio