Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG: The Game

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Yesterday I pushed live to the site a new gameplay mechanic: Review Response. There should be a review posted to the site later today to demonstrate.

Have you ever been so disgusted that a reviewer missed something in their review, or have you wanted to expand on their ideas, and just don't think that the comments section would do it justice? Now, you can be featured alongside our reviewer.

All official reviews on VOG are using the Letter Grade scale, going from A+ to F-. Our reviews will feature what our reviewer thought, their grade, and their breakdown of "The Good" and "The Bad". Immediately after this section, is the "Your Response" section. You have two options here:

You can assign your own letter grade and say you have "No Opinion" - this will average your grade into the average that is shown immediately below the grade our reviewer gave. (This will only show after we've received at least two grades from Participants.)

OR

You can assign a letter grade AND give either a "consenting" or a "dissenting" opinion. This would mean that you either AGREE with our reviewer, or you DISAGREE with our reviewer. Then, in 500 characters or less (that's three and a half times longer than Twitter, y'all) explain WHY you agree or disagree with the reviewer.

This will then go into a moderation queue, and a GM will read your response. If the response is approved by our GM, you will be awarded 3 Points, and your Consenting or Dissenting Opinion will appear alongside our review. If there are multiple Consenting/Dissenting Opinions, they will each be put in random order and the first one that randomly pops up will be on the page when it loads, the rest will be opened by clicking a button to expand them out. At least one Consenting and one Dissenting Opinion will be shown.

The reason for moderation is because we don't want people to think that they are reviewing the review, but rather the game. And we will also try to weed out people who didn't actually play the game. The comments section still works as normal with the Points and Loot that go with participating in that way.

One thing to note: Once you submit your Review Response, that's it. No editing, no takebacks.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 am 

That's cool. :)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:55 am 
Orange Lounge Radio

I realize there is no actual review on the site so you can see this in motion------ YET. However I've seen the previews and you guys are going to LOVE this.

But one is coming very very soon, and a second should follow mid-week. I'll hint you with this much: One is a video game and one is not.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:02 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

And the first review is now live on the site...Ironically it's probably not one that people would be able to legitimately talk back on (only about 150 have played the full game on the 360) but it demonstrates how the system works.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:25 pm 

This is really cool. Someone do a Diablo 3 review STAT. :-P

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:31 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I nominate skie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:20 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Congrats to VxJasonxV for being the first person to finally submit a review response to Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

PROTIP: If your review begins with "Seeing as I currently do not own a 3DS, I'm a tad disappointed that I cannot play this title"...leave a comment instead. The GM's will reject that every time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG: The Game