Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VideO Game Jam #VOGJam

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:43 pm 

I know we still technically have to finish this current game jam, but ever since I got multimedia fusion 2 from hitstun during the last one, I've been playing around with it and the more I hear from these indie developers it's really motivated me to work on a game of my own, and I thought I'd share it here!:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygc5sivb7g7n7 ... n.zip?dl=0

So I haven't decided on what to call it just yet, but it's Galactic Invasion for now. Currently it's basically Space Invaders, but I'm thinking of adding some kinda combo / grading system like you'd see in those bullet hell shootemups (DoDonPachi, Ketsui, Battle Garegga some of those hardcore Japanese shooters) or like the Tetris: The Grand Master games have that give you a grade based on your performance in various areas.

Now this version doesn't really have the grading system implemented yet, outside of a 'combo counter' which counts up every alien you shoot at without missing.

I did also use beepbox to compose some music, although I may go back and add some more songs (I was thinking of having different levels set in real world locations, sorta like you'd see on something like buster bros. / Pang! or one of those classic arcade games.

anyway hope y'all check it out, any feedback or ideas are certainly welcomed!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VideO Game Jam #VOGJam