Covering the top shows of the week ending 24 May 2016:
3) The Americans 4.10: "Munchkins"
2) Grimm 5.21/5.22: "The Beginning of the End"
1) Game of Thrones 6.05: "The Door"

FRIDAY - (Show #701) - Wildling Flirting Rituals: Part III

The rest of the episodic discussion for the week ending 24 May 2016

Open Topics!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:06 am 

Now that summer has arrived I thought I’d recommend three geek worthy attractions to visit in New York City this season.

1) Star Wars and the Power of Costume at Discovery Times Square. Discovery is a unique embellishment part museum, part tourist attraction. They run three exhibits at any given time, two of which are academic and one that’s pop culture. My wife and I have enjoyed several past pop culture exhibits based on Harry Potter, The Avengers and The Hunger Games. The Star Wars exhibit features costumes from all seven feature films. The displays are often interactive and not just artifacts behind glass. The academic exhibits (Body Worlds and Vikings) should not be dismissed either as both are equally cool.

2) Think Geek; the Store. The dot com digital Mecca finally has a few real world locations and one of them is here in New York. An adult walking into Think Geek can encounter a similar feel to that of a 5 year old walking into Toys R Us. I’m not sure if this is a temporary pop up store which happens a lot in the city during the summer tourist season (my favorite was the Kellogg's Pop Tarts shop) or if it’s here to stay. For the time being though we finally have a destination that will allow us to see all of Think Geeks cool swag up close from titanium sporks to TaunTaun sleeping bags.

3) Star Trek: The Star Fleet Academy Experience at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space museum. The Intrepid on its own is an awesome site to visit. It’s crammed full of all kinds of history from World War Two fighters to a freaking Space Shuttle. Now add a full interactive experience based on Star Trek and you just can’t get any better. The experience opens July 9th but the full scale Galileo Seven is already on display next to the NASA Shuttle Enterprise.

All three suggestions are within walking distance of one another, so if you’re near the city this summer beam on over to one of these great geek attractions.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » VOG Network Radio Shows » Critical Myth