Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 pm 
Orange Lounge Radio

What, you wore out the music on VOG's 24/7 rotation already?

Okay well good news, about 35 more songs were put into rotation tonight for an additional 2 hours worth of music.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but consider the "normal" radio station has about this much music in their entire playlist.

Anywho, we will be adding a little bit more every week for the coming weeks... to keep things fresh and exciting!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 pm 

The music on here is such a throwback to the Live365 days of OLR. It's awesome to have the live music feed again!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm 
Orange Lounge Radio

Awww, the old days were a lot of fun, eh?

I think it's important to note though that OLR/Live365 era and Allgames our prior home played a mix of purely Video Game Music when no programming was on.

The Music on VOG has a big chunk of Video Game Music, yes, but we also wanted to include Nerd Rock, Parodies, Tribute Songs, and other music that makes geek culture great and compliment our diverse programming (now and in the future).

At the end of the day though, VOG is a much different project than OLR: The Station in scope. OLR was built around one show (eventually became three-four shows). VOG already has seven shows, and someday will have quite a lot more. It's a much bigger vision than OLR was, and we can't accomplish that ourselves. For example, this amazing website and the social game-- that's all Bobby. The vast amount of nerd parodies you are hearing-- Thank Brad from Podculture for that. VOG is not OLR 2.0 or 3.0, it's a Voltron of some of the best personalities in independent podcasting, and we have all evolved and learned over our years of this hobby.

Anyhow *ahem* you were probably not expecting that kind of reply, but it's more of a general statement I wanted to get out there somewhere based on some other feedback I've seen.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm 
PodCulture

I'm digging it! Keeping my eyes peeled for some more stuff. Even though The GeekSpin is kind of in limbo for now, I still enjoy finding good geeky music.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:03 am 

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the station is exactly like the OLR station used to be. I've heard my fair share of other geek music on here, but I also hear the songs I used to hear on the old station. That's what brings back the nostalgia.

This is such a huge project that seemed to happen so suddenly, but probably had a lot of thought put into it behind the scenes. It's an ever-growing station with a ton of shows already, so I'm looking forward to the future!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General