[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - E3 2013 Interactive Coverage - #VOGatE3
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

For those that missed the announcement, we have announced our "Interactive Coverage" for E3 2013. This is an experiment that only works if you participate.

Start your journey at http://E3.VOGNetwork.com/ !

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 pm 

Yay for social experiments!

Seriously though, this sounds like a really cool idea. Now we shall wait a week or so to see how well it works.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I've added appointment descriptions to the booths where we have appointments if we're allowed to post them. (Some booths, like Sony Online Entertainment, embargo their appointment descriptions so we can't actually tell you what they're showing ahead of time.)

I've also added some descriptions of booths that I'll be visiting, but not at a set time, such as ATLUS, Innex (they make wireless controllers for retro consoles), and Disney Interactive (mainly to state that's where Fantasia: Music Evolved will be shown.)

I'll be updating the map throughout the weekend as I lock up some more appointments, and I'm constantly crosschecking the booths in our system to the official E3 site and app. The only glaring omission is that Take Two Interactive is listed as having a meeting room, but it's not on any of the maps...Not like we have any appointments there anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:19 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

One quick thing to note:

Sony Online Entertainment makes MMO's.

Sony Computer Entertainment America makes Things That Bitchslap Microsoft.

Please place your questions accordingly. :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Last day, y'all.

I'm in shock at how many questions were asked...And you'll be in shock in how many won't get answered. Or even looked at. I like this concept, but we definitely need a bigger staff to pull it off at this volume.

In terms of not getting answered...There's a reason we specifically mentioned we're your followup to games that you read previews about. Because that's really the best use of our time. Asking questions about games that merely had a teaser announcement in a press conference really isn't a good use of our time, because I can guarantee you the answer is "We're not talking about that this week." Nobody will talk about KH3 or FF XV. Nobody will talk about that obscure Japanese game you want ported to the US. (They probably haven't even heard of it!)

Also, what I've learned, is in the bigger booths, even the people at the game stations don't have answers. They're hired specifically to show off that demo - if it's not in the demo, they don't have the answer. To try to get answers, I go to the PR desk and they tell me if there's anybody available to try to answer my questions, and the answer is usually that they're booked up.

It's really depended on the developer, though. Deep Silver loved our coverage, as did the guy who did BandFuse. Our Disney Infinity answer got linked on Wikipedia. Sony got me a guy (once) that was able to give me some answers, and even then there were questions not on his five page cheat sheet (specifically, the Gaikai one about already owned PSPlus PS3 games being playable on the PS4 over Gaikai.) I haven't even stepped foot into Microsoft's booth.

I'll do my best, and I'm sorry if your question goes unasked. This was a new experience for me, too, and it's been a little overwhelming.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 am 

I think the amount of answers and information has been great. There have been quite a few things I learned here that I didn't hear anywhere else. Keep up the great work, but yeah, don't burn yourself out. You are doing the work of an entire staff down there.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:06 am 

Yeah, one person alone can only do so much, but you still did a really marvelous job Blackwolf. And I'm gonna say the interactive coverage has been pretty great =D

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:35 pm 

Well you never know what's gonna happen till you try it out. I for one am very impressed about not only how many questions were answered... but at how many were asked. It also made e3 week that much more fun... watching the conferences live and writing down things of interest. Not something i think is being done anywhere else.

This was most certainly not something thrown together last minute. And i think all your hard work paid off. Hope to see this at next e3... mabie some volunteers to help? not that ill be at e3 T.T

Score is currently
XBONE: 0
PS4: 1
Blackwolf: 90 (for questions answered)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General