Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: VOG at PAX East 2013
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:14 am 

Greetings VOGlings/VOGsters/VOGphiles

We are almost a month away from PAXEast 2013 and i was wondering who in the VOG community will be attending this years show in Boston, MA. I hope we can set up a meetup of some sorts during the show.

I will be there for all 3 days (including the Thurs before the show).

Also since i am in Boston regularly i will be around on here to answer any questions and give any advice as to what local stuff people can go to (food/drink)...

-------
One place i can recommend that was a great food find 2 years ago was this seafood place called Yankee Lobster:

http://yankeelobstercompany.com/

Its a little pricy but it is near by (a few blocks from the convention center) and really good quality and portions. So far best NE clam chowder i've found in Boston.

For those of legal drinking age i HIGHLY recommend taking the Harpoon Brewery tour. Its also pretty close to the convention center (next to Yankee Lobster) and a fun break to take during the show. Tours are $5 and you get to sample a lot of good beers. Harpoon also opened up a old style beerhall. I haven been to it yet but apparently it seats 300 people and serves Harpoon beers and baked pretzels. I'll check it out sometime before the convention.

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/breweries ... kend-tours
------

Anyways i hope to see a good VOG presence at the show and to see you all there soon...

Post subject: Re: VOG at PAX East 2013
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 am 
Critical Myth

I intend to be there for all three days! Keeping my options open, but I'm sure that if there's a solid VOG representation, we'll want to gather together at some point...;)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I bought a three day pass but haven't truly solidified if I'm going yet.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm 

Train schedules have me in town Thursday night through Monday morning! I totally have a three day pass :D

EDIT: Also, I propose noms at... iirc, Shabu-Zen, like last time I was at PAX East :3

The OLRchive - now with more Guys on a Show! Also, 14 episodes of Vanilla Skie, the one that started it for me :3

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Flight booked.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 pm 

This sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go to PAX and to Boston so when I finally get that promotion at work, I am booking a trip to a future PAX East.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 pm 
Anime Jam Session

I know as of right now all of Anime Jam Session will be represented. Ranma and I are traveling up on Thursday. Not sure yet on if Ari will get the time off to come all weekend or not. :/

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 am 

I'm coming to PAX East again this year, and this time I want to actually find the other VOG Network people! Last year I won classic console gaming's Nintendo World Championships 1990 high score contest, but I couldn't actually find Ranma or any of the other people I tried to meet. This time, I'll actually have a phone that works, so I'll be keeping tabs on Twitter and this thread. I'm travelling by train for the first time, so I've been asking Misty a lot about how that works. I arrive in Boston south station Thursday night too late to make it to the Madcatz show, and I leave around noon Monday.

I'll be playing to win the Mario Kart 7 and Tetris DS tournaments and hanging out in classic console gaming a lot. I'll probably get in that Counter-Strike Global Offensive tournament too. The Tetris Attack and fighting game tournaments are too high level for me to get very far, but I might join in anyway. If you see a guy with a black lab coat and a backpack, give me a shout out.

Edit: Also, I highly recommend getting the Guidebook app for your phone. At PAX, you can't attend one event without missing three others that you also want, so you can set up a little itinerary in Guidebook that gets you where you want to be most.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:12 am 
Critical Myth

I'll be wandering around a lot. Not really into any of the panels, so I'll be roaming the floor and checking out the tournaments and such. I'll have my VOG shirt on at least one day! Don't be shocked if you see me hanging out with my Vita at some point...;)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm 

For those going to PAX EAST, can I ask you a favor?
Valve may be giving out codes for TF2 stuff since they may announce Poker Night 2 (along with Telltale). So if they do give out codes, can someone get me some? I would be truly grateful. =)

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General