Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

Just a quick note - our 24/7 radio feed servers are located in New York, and earlier tonight, that server facility lost power. We have no ETA, because honestly, right now it's more about people staying safe than having our radio feed online.

We hope those of you in the affected area stay safe. I've been through my share of hurricanes, so I know what it's like...

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 am 
Critical Myth

FYI...the latest estimates from the power companies say that some areas might be out of power until Nov 9. Not sure where the servers are, but...there you are.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I *believe* our servers have partial power - Rob was saying he was able to upload shows to the server this week, but the actual streaming service is still offline. We aren't pushing for answers because we're pretty sure they're doing everything they can.

And before anyone says anything...This was an act of nature. This could happen anywhere. This isn't a reason for us to jump ship and change to a different streaming provider. This isn't incompetence on the part of our provider or of us, it's just the way things are right now. I'm sure we'll get a refund for the outage, and then once the lights come back on, we'll be back as normal.

We'll be working on contingencies for the live shows. USL already simulcasts on Ustream, and OLR has the ability to stream to Ustream as well. If OLR has to move to Ustream for an episode, the site will show the video embed much like we do with USL. I am not live this week, so it won't affect me.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm 

Well, I won't presume to speak for all of VOG's community, but I'll say this: It's ok. As they say, "Sometimes sh*t happens". Blackwolf, you're right - people's safety is a bigger priority. I'm sure the stream will come back up soon enough. If I can wait a month & a half to replce my pc (after my old one as stolen) so I can listen to VOG again, then waiting a few days for the servers to be fixed won't kill me. I'm just glad everyone's safe.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

We have been moved to a secondary datacenter, and the feed is back online. DNS servers still need to be updated, so if it doesn't work for you just yet, give it a few hours. Everything should be just as good as normal by the time USL airs tomorrow night.

Thanks for your patience!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm 

Nice to see the stream back up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General