[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Podcasts on VOG: Live versus Premiere versus non-Premiere
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm 
British Invaders

So, you're listening to podcasts on the VOG network. Some are flagged as "LIVE" or "PREMIERE" in the schedule. Are you more likely to listen to a show on VOG if it's live? What about if it's a premiere?

If we were to schedule British Invaders so that some episodes premiere on VOG, would you be more likely to listen? This won't happen immediately, but it is a possibility for the future.... Thanks.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 am 
Orange Lounge Radio

I wanted to give this a bump because I'm also curious on listener feedback on this topic.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

I'm more likely to listen a "LIVE" show, especially if there's interaction between the listeners and the hosts.
I don't mind "Premiere" episodes though, since they're new, but it's less likely I'll listen to it since I can catch it in the podcast feed and have the same experience, for the most part.

But it's cool that shows like Podculture has the host in the Chatroom while their Premier episode airs to interact with the listeners, so that's a cool thing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:05 pm 

And Horde House just went Live.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm 
PodCulture

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm 
British Invaders

We also try to have one of the hosts in the chat room for the British Invaders broadcasts. It doesn't always work out, but we do try to do it. A couple of days ago, I tried make a steady stream of coments (even though there weren't that many active chatters). I'm not quite sure how well that worked....

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

The biggest advice I can give (and I'll even give this public!) is to not give up on trying to get chat involved. Our existing community isn't exactly used to participating during the podcast airings, but that doesn't mean we can't be trained. PodCulture will actually bring in multiple hosts and even some of their fans in, and have a conversation, which will then encourage the other members of our community to participate during the rebroadcast.

What you may want to do is advertise on your shows that you do sometimes show up in chat during the VOG airings and do "directors commentary"...

I can't guarantee that will work, but I think it's worth a shot. A lot of the stuff we're doing here on VOG is the "hey, I've never heard of anyone trying this, let's try it and see if it sticks" variety...

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 pm 

I had a great time chatting today with Tigerclaw and Fifth during the Horde House premiere. Due to the podcast's premiere time falling on my lunch break, I'm most often available to listen and I love it when there are charters to interact with.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm 

Its interesting because while listening to the Show, I had to VNC to my computer and use Mirc at the same time while doing some work. Really hard to type with the onscreen keyboard to my Desktop. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General