[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - VOG Articles
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: VOG Articles
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am 

Been browsing the website a little more and I love the VOG video game review format. I was trying to access old articles to see if there were more game reviews but when I click next page it doesn't navigate to any different articles and I know I saw other articles before the OLR 10th anniversary one. Sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong forum. Otherwise the site is awesome, so keep up the great work.

Post subject: Re: VOG Articles
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am 

lol fixed!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:41 am 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

And as to the actual compliment - thank you. I personally have never done written reviews before, so it's a new experience for me. Typically my reviews are me with a microphone and some notes, and then I just riff for 15 minutes.

We hope to have more in the future, in things other than just video games. We're starting to get a little bit noticed and people are starting to approach us, which is great. I know we're a little game heavy right now, but that's just because that's my strength and expertise. We hope to have TV show, movie, anime, and comics reviews follow the same general format soon.

And yes, we're looking for people to do that...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm 
Critical Myth

Is there a format for book/comic reviews you would be looking for?

I've been putting mine on a page of my Critical Myth site, but to be honest, they barely get any traffic. But as I'm compelled by the Power of Geek to write them, I thought it might be better to move that content exclusively to VOG. (I review current books, older books, audiodramas, comics, etc.)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

The way I designed our standard review system is to allow it to cross genres pretty easily. Our only "style guide" for reviews (other than the actual article text) are:

Letter grade (A+ to F-)
Bullet point list for "The Good"
Bullet Point list for "The Bad"

We'd absolutely LOVE books and comics reviews on the site - it's the one genre we're currently lacking! Talk to Rob about it.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 am 
Critical Myth

Will do! Thanks, Bobby!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Network » VOG Network General