Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » And now for something completely different... » Off-Topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 pm 

For those that may not necessarily already know, Microsoft is getting the proverbial ball rolling on making some changes with their services as I type this, such as switching from Microsoft Points to one's local currency, etc. Both Bobby Blackwolf & OLR briefly touched on some of these changes.

Well one change that's underway that hasn't been mentioned as far as I remember is the Video & music service. While nothing changes if you access the service from your Xbox 360, there will be changes if you access the service by way of the Zune PC software. While the software won't be disabled, they will be cutting off access to the music & video marketplace from the software, so no new purchases, rentals, freebies, etc.

A few of you may be asking yourselves something along the lines of "So what?". Well, here's the thing. While admittedly Zune may not be as popular as other services like iTunes, there are still people that do use the service. Also, there are people like myself that have a PC & would use the service, but do not have an Xbox 360, so migrating from PC to console isn't a possibility. This also brings up a question: if these changes go into effect & you have to either send in your PC to the manufaturer for repairs or do something along the lines that would necessitate reinstalling stuff on your PC or re-upping the DRM on videos, does that mean that once the marketplace is gone, you can't watch your videos 'cause th DRM will be perminately borked (side note: if a video is no loger on the marketplace, you cannot resync the DRM for it).

All of this being said, I'd like to propose a little campaign to get MS to reconsider this change. Call them. Email them, Write them. Whatever it takes. If MS can change their policies & plans for the Xbox One after outcry from the community, I suppose there's hope if we make some noise ourselves.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » And now for something completely different... » Off-Topic