Case: Evoke-GT6 (Black)
CPU Type: FX-4000 Series
CPU Speed: FX-4130 (3.80 GHz)
GPU/VGA Type: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Memory Capacity: 4 GB DDR3*
HDD: 1 TB
Price: $469.99 plus shipping
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883272112

I had bought this desktop PC in mid March 2016 after the fact that my previous PC - an Acer Aspire laptop - had died a few months prior. Now, this PC was bought with a few things in mind, namely I'd primarily be using it for gaming, for iTunes, & general web browsing. That being said, I wanted a PC that had newer, better components compared to my last PC, plus I wanted something that a total noobie like me could easily upgrade part-wise as the need arises while still being within my meager budget. While I knew I couldn't afford a PC with the latest, greatest everything, I was ok with that - I could upgrade certain parts over time.

Now, out of the box, my PC was easy enough to set up in terms of connecting all the cords & accessories. One "issue", if you want to call it such, was getting accustomed to Windows 10. Previously I had been using Windows 7 & hadn't touched Windows 8, so the changes between operating systems took a little learning & getting used to. Also, my PC shipped with 4GB of DDR3 RAM included, but I immediately upgraded the RAM to 8GB of DDR3 RAM with minimal difficulty. In terms of overall performance, the PC seems to perform flawlessly. It seems to boot up pretty fast and in terms of gaming, it runs all of my games pretty well, including the games such as Brutal Legend, Portal 2, & Injustice: Gods Among Us that ran poorly (if at all) on my last PC. Sound quality is great too. Even with fairly cheap Craig stereo speakers, things sound pretty damn good. Nice thing is, I can easily expand the speakers to 7.1 surround sound simply by purchasing additional speakers & connecting them by 3.5 mm plugs. Overall I'd say that I'm satisfied with this purchase, that it's well worth the money, & I'd recommend it to others.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » And now for something completely different... » Off-Topic