Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Comic Books

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am 

My favorite Marvel character is and always will be Gambit. Boy oh boy do I fanboy over him. I loved him in the 90s cartoon, used to read the Gambit series in the 90s, always played with him in MvC1 and 2 and excited about the new Gambit comic book series that just started. He's cool, sexy, a charmer with a troubled past. He's probably the reason why I am dating a cajun right now haha

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:21 am 

If I had to choose my favorite Marvel character, I would choose Venom. I've followed Venom since I was 8 years old (and still do). He is not your usual super villain. As a matter of fact, I consider him more of an anti-hero than an actual villain. His sole purpose and primary goal is to kill the main super hero (Spider Man). All other villains have a goal that has something to do with money, power and/or women. They view the super hero as an obstacle to be overcome in order achieve their goals. Most villains also don't care about the innocent, and most of them wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone to get what they want. Venom on the other hand, actually cares about the innocent and will go out of his way to protect them even in the middle of a fight with Spider Man. His abilities and strengths also reflect Spider Man's powers as well, which almost makes him a mirror of the Super Hero (the only difference is that he aims to kill Spider Man). With his unique personality as a lethal protector and involvement with some of Marvel's biggest events, I consider Venom as one of the top characters in Marvel history.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:34 pm 

Dr. Strange felt like therapy to me. I didn't want to like him because he was such an asshole but, I got to see him transform from a self-absorbed douche to the benevolent master of the mystic arts we all know. I also got to see how he not only recovered what he lost but, also how he became a doctor in the first place. This gave me a moment of self-reflection. That things can get better even at its bleakest. Also he is seen as an expert to other Marvel heroes. Very few others have the same distinction like Professor X or Nick Fury. Anyway having Dr. Strange in my hands makes me feel better after a very trying day.

What makes you immortal is not long life but how you live your life.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 am 

Logan) I dont know why, he's just cool at all))

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Comic Books