[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - Top Favorite Anime
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Anime

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Top Favorite Anime
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 pm 

Just thinking that a top personal favorite animes list would be a good idea, I'll start.

1. Gurren Lagann
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Eden of the East
5. FLCL (not too sure what was going on though)
6. Soul Eater

Last edited by 101dkpopman on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Top Favorite Anime
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm 

It's kinda tough... but I'll try...
(not in a particular order)

Series:
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure
2. Hunter X Hunter
4. Robotech
5. FLCL

Movies:
1. Spirited Away
2. Perfect Blue
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Akira

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 pm 

oh wow this might be tough:

movies:
1. Princess Mononoke - Out of everything that ever came out of Studio Ghibli, this would hands-down be my favorite (I have the DVD, the OST, and the hardcover artbook!)
2. Ghost in the Shell - Futuristic sci-fi action with cyborg cops and giant mechanized tanks... just awesome.
3. Interstella 5555 (okay technically it's just a video companion to Daft Punk's "Discovery" but the way the music and the animation just go together (watch the latter half of 'Digital Love" to see what I mean!) its just epic.)
4. Ninja Scroll - Violence, mature content, ninjas fighting... what more do you need? :P
5. AKIRA - While not the first anime I ever saw (that honor goes to 'Venus Wars' on Sci-Fi channel back in 1993) it's just required viewing, although you might need a strong stomach, just FYI)

series:
1. Sailormoon - From its humble beginnings on a crappy timeslot on USA (back when they still showed cartoons) I did eventually amass a huge collection of fansubbed cassettes and music CDs of this show.
2. Yu-Gi-Oh! - Don't look at me like that... in the late 90s/early 2000s I was really into Magic: The Gathering (no way I could go back to playing now wayyyyy too much has been changed/updated) but this show had intense card battles with powerful creatures and awesome magic spells
3. Thundercats 2011 - Well it IS by an anime studio.... I did hear rumblings that they wanted to pull the plug, fucking depressing IMO :( Anyway its a reboot of the classic 80s cartoon, the debut ep even co-stars the original Lion-O's VA as his dad, Claudus!)
4. Panty & Stocking - almost forgot about that one! The animation (for the most part) reminds me of something you'd see on Cartoon Network here in the US... though the mature content puts it later on at night something you'd see during [adult swim] (HINT HINT)
5. GitS: Stand Alone Complex - I believe these take place between the first movie and GITS2: Innocence... great series if you like the movies!
6. Initial D - The music (original subbed version not the (c)rap in the first Tokyopop dub), the racing... it's just awesome.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:00 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:55 am 

Just going by what pops in my head.

Bubblegum Crisis. The original OVAs are tops in my book, but the more recent series remake was somewhat decent, too.
Everything that's Ghost in the Shell, movies and both series are great, probably my 2nd favorite universe behind BGC
Gurenn Lagann
FMA, both series, though Brotherhood was better IMO.
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Princess Mononoke is still my favorite Miyazaki film, the rest are good but I like this one the best.

And well.. dang it I still like Naruto. It's kind of my ninja soap opera, though I don't watch filler any more.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 pm 
Anime Jam Session

Sailor Moon
Tenchi Muyo
Gundam Wing
Sonic X

Most of the rest I read in manga form cause I got tired of filler crap.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm 

In no particular order...

Anything Macross (yes, even Macross 7)
Appleseed
Genesis Climber MOSPEADA
Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross
Gatchaman
Code Geass
Gundam 00
Romeo X Juliet
Valkyria Chronicles