[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - The Legend of Zelda Netflix TV Series ... wait WHAT?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:22 pm 
Orange Lounge Radio

So if you aren't tuned into social media like Facebook & Twitter where this news is spreading like wildfire, check this out:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/ ... ix-series/

We have a pretty credible rumor then that Netflix is creating a Legend of Zelda series... or at least filming a pilot or some sort.

I don't want to judge something before I've seen a single frame of anything (and I don't want to go in with any expectations either about who I want cast or what game I want to see incorporated into the story).

However, I can't help it. I have a lot of FEELINGS about the Legend of Zelda. So, I do have a lot of questions:

* What provoked Nintendo to team up with an outside company like Netflix to do this? It seems very interesting that Microsoft has (had) their own production studio in-house, Sony obviously has their own television plans with this Powers stuff... Nintendo is going with an ally I'm not sure any of us expected. (Perhaps it's the cross-country team up)

* If this was Netflix's initation, how did they convince Nintendo to get on board? Tin foil hatting here but... has Netflix promised something to Nintendo? To possibly give them an edge. Note that I certianly don't think Netflix is like, oh we're going to get rid of Netflix on PS4 & Xbox One, god no that would be a stupid thing for Netflix to do... but... will they team up with Nintendo for the *best* viewing experience on Wii-U? Or possibly a successor console? Does it have anything to do with the horribly underutilized TVii feature of the Wii-U? Is party watching coming back to a console? :D :D :D ... oh wait, that would be Nintendo and voice chat (oooo low blow lol)

* What kind of budget is this thing getting? I mean, Netflix is getting bigger and bigger. It's not just House of Cards and Orange is the New Black anymore. They produce a lot of their own Documentaries and Stand-Up specials. Chelsea Handler is contributing something daily soon.

* Will the folks from Critical Myth be reviewing it for VOG so I can write response reviews? :mrgreen:

Come on, I know a lot of you have FEELINGS too-- what are your thoughts hearing about this?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 pm 

While I don't for a second think this rumor is true, I'll answer for the sake of participating. Netflix is throwing money around like crazy. Nintendo would very much like more money. So if it is happening (which it isn't by the way) it's because Nintendo is getting a lot of money and likely has a lot of creative control as well. As far as the "will this be good" question. You never know until you see the finished product.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:40 am 

I'm gonna say it's true, but I don't think it will see the light of day. Unless Nintendo does like it and is confident about the product. Who knows, with the success of Hyrule Warriors, anything is expected.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:16 am 

I'm curious on, how are they gonna cast Link? as a Kid, Teen, or Adult?

I heard the TV Show is being described, as a family friendly Game of Thrones, By family friendly, I would guess nobody dies.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm 
Critical Myth

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » TV & Movies