Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Hearthstone
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am 

I wasent sure about what would happen with my email this week in hordehouse... But halfway thru it i realized i was doing a full fledged review of a game that ppl might wana know something about.... so im gona coppy paste most of my email and add a little more here and there... if ppl really wanted to know about hearthstone... wich i am totaly into...

This is nothing against grandpa (hell im halfway thru my 3rd drink right now...(devoteing the 4th one to you grandpa)) infact for what the podcast is i expected just as much... but i think for someone that is really interested... they would probably like to know my full spheellue... however you spell that...

If you've ever played a CCG its got a lot of the standard mechanics. You draw, you play creatures, use resources, and the creatures kill your opponent. So whats different? the classes. 9 base classes that are found in wow not only have special powers that change how you play, but how you will react. Like mages have a fireball they can use to hit a player/creature for 1 point of dmg, or shammys summon totems wich heal/taunt/attack, or rogues equip a wepon and attack... This blows my mind as an old magic player, so i will say it again. Your character can equip a weapon and attack. Did i mention each class has like 25 cards specific to them? And like over 300 that can go into any deck (I'm probably low-balling it)

Its rather simple to learn, there's a very friendly tutorial that feels like you are just jumping in and playing. Any card that can be used are highlighted, and the mechanics are spelled out quite well. The pacing is quick and actions happen obviously and quickly. Although a timer on turns is like 90seconds, its easy to execute very complicated maneuvers in 5.

But the real fun i have is in the arena. you choose a champion out of a random 3... then it goes picking one out of 3 random cards... Ok draft mechanic fine... Then you play matches until you loose 3 times... You can walk away and continue when you feel like it. Like play 1 arena match a day for a month and if your good enough you can keep the same deck and rack up 30 wins. After your 3 losses you are rewarded randomly according to how many wins you got.

The deck editor is a little clunky. Same with the disenchanting cards to make other cards (if you needed a specific card in your deck you destroy other cards to gain a material that you use to buy specific cards) But with the issues they are stating on the forums, hopefully some of that will be taken into account before launch. It also may end up easier as a person gets more familiar with all the cards.

In summation. Its a casual game, addicting. A lot of fun for just a few minutes of play. Try not to play it for days on end... you will burn out on it because you wont have the daily quests for new packs and/or arena plays... orrr if you wanted to pay for the game....

1 pack for 100g or 2 packs for $3.... An arena deck costs 150g or $2... Daily quests will grant you 40g (and it appears you can keep up to 3) otherwise 5 WINS in regular or ranked matches will get you 5g

Things thought of afterwords... if this seems a little broken english... its really just ccg speak... and half drunk speak... the other half... you can ignore if you dont care....

*decks are 30 cards...
*you can only have 2 of a card in your deck...
*the resource is automatic... every turn you get one more "crystal" and these fill every turn
*(im not sure if this is going to stay) right now... if you play first... you play first.. however playing second means you draw a card and have a card that gives you a free 1 resource once per game....
*I like vodka (random point... not necessary to play hearthstone... but i thought i should put it in there)
*In order to play the 8 other classes (you start with mage) you have to defeat them in the ai "Practice mode"... which means A) you know the mechanic of *each class B) you know what type of cards you are expecting out of that type of deck C)you fight the ai successfully so you aren't a complete noob at the game
*opening hand is 3 (if you start second its 4) and at the beginning of EVERY turn a card is drawn.
*hand limit is 10... honestly i don't think ive had more than 7 in my hand... i might have had 8.... at one or two points... but never close enough to check...
*what is weird to me as a once hardcore magic player: there are no blockers.... its actually more like yo-GI-oh (from what i understand... i actually don't like yo gi oh) ... you decide which creature to deal your dmg to, but if there is someone with taunt... you have to attack them....
*one that might be directed at rob and other casuals.... THERE IS NO IN GAME CHAT FUNCTION! if you right click your char during play 6 options come up... in semantics... 1)hi 2) Awesome play 3) thank you 4)i messed up 5)sorry that happened 6)taunt/threat

If any other questions arise i will attempt to answer them in kind... but please be advised... its "fair week" and the establishment where i work at is literally 700 feat from the fairgrounds... if im pissy and don't wanna answer... just wait and ill try to get to it when i can

as always *huggles*

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games