Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Steam questions
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm 

As many of OLR's & Bobby Blackwolf's listeners already know, I had bought a new computer back in early October 2012 (an Acer Aspire V5-531-4636) to replace my HP Mini that was stolen (amongst other items) back in August 2012, and for the time being I'm relying heavily on my computer for gaming since I no longer have access to a PS3. While I realize that my computer wasn't really designed with gaming in mind, I do manage to get some gaming on - I do have Diablo II, a handful of titles via the GFW Marketplace, and some of the freebies via a recently created Steam account. With all that being said, I do have some question about Steam & its games since I'm so new to the PC gaming realm.

1) I noticed that Steam carries Sonic Adventure 2, which I think was originally a Dreamcast game (& I'm sure that it'll run on my pc since the Dreamcast Collection runs fine on it). Anyone ever play it before? How is it?

2) Given the type of computer that I have, what would you folks recommend on steam? In terms of games that I enjoy, I tend to gravitate towards classic/retro games, MMOs/RPGs, stuff that one would typically see on XBLA/PSN... My main concern being that since I really don't know jack about PC gaming, part of me is a tad nervous about investing money into a game (even if I know it's something I'd enjoy) only to find out that it won't run, thus essentially throwing money away. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Steam questions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm 

Sonic Adventure 2 dosen't really hold up well, unless you are a very big sonic fan

Post subject: Re: Steam questions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 pm 

Many games on Steam have demos. Try the demo out first to see how it runs. Also check the system requirements for each game. They're usually listed all the way at the bottom of the page.

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games