Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: E3 2012
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 am 
Anime Jam Session

I figured since some people would be viewing the E3 stuff later then it's first showing, that we could spare the prediction thread and use this to talk about the actual happenings of E3 and what we liked and disliked without the moaning of some about "spoilers."

Post subject: Re: E3 2012
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm 
Anime Jam Session

So far, while the upgrades to the content for the system itself is pretty exciting, and the fact that it looks like XBOX was able to integrate the WiiU tech of using tablets to enhance the game without having to upgrade the entire console to make it happen, I was disappointed in the games. I don't have a Kinect, and the only FPS type game I play is Metal Gear, which Konami described at their pre-E3 show (Happy 25th Birthday Metal Gear!), so the only game I was even remotely excited about was South Park. Dance Central was just a new Dance Central with new songs and moves, though I'm excited to see more of the older dances being integrated, but again, I don't have a Kinect so it's not like I can play it anyway.
I'm looking forward to the game developer shows more then the console companies as that's the real content, but the excitement of the xbox show itself was lacking from years past.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:30 pm 

So far Ubisoft knocked it out of the park with Watch Dog. We still have Sony coming up in a while.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm 

Microsoft was a let down, I think. The only thing I got excited for was Dance Central 3 (as per my prediction's list on the other thread). The Splinter Cell reveal was neat, but otherwise - in terms of games - nothing really new or exciting. Smart Glass could be neat, but that's what I'll have a Wii U for.

Sony killed it, though. New Quantic Dream game (also on my list)? Sold. More free games for Plus members? Sold. Finally PS1 classics on my Vita (another prediction)? Sold. Last of Us? SUPER SOLD. Quick glimpse of Portal 3 in their montage at the beginning? HERE IS ALL MY MONEY TAKE IT.

Nintendo needs to knock it out tomorrow. If the Nikkei is right, we'll have our 3DS redesign tomorrow (also on my list in the other thread). Kinda lookin' forward to that!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:57 am 

I haven't seen the press conferences yet, but from the videos I've seen, the stuff I'm interested in are (in order):

Star Wars 1313
Resident Evil 6
Halo 4
Devil May Cry
Watch Dog
Beyond: Two Souls
Last of Us

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 am 
Anime Jam Session

I've been kind of disappointed in e3 this year. While a few games stood out, it was a kind of weak year. I also don't like how Nintendo decided to split up their conference in order to get more people to watch on later days.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am 

I like the potential that the WiiU has, but I didn't see enough today to make me want one at launch.

I really wanted them to announce a new Metroid game. Also, online multiplayer was lacking from the discussion as well.

Steam: DigitalFirefly | Battletag: Firefly#1588 | FFXIV: Oculara Prime
Twitter: @digitalfirefly

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:03 pm 

Ever since I'd heard WiiU was gonna be between 'on par' and 'slightly better' than the PS3/360 I've been waiting to hear what kind of games were going to be announced for the system.

I'm definitely excited for some of the launch games... NSMBU just cause I love the simplicity of the 2D marios, run to the right, stomp on enemies and watch out for hidden shortcuts/secret coins. I do wonder if they'll offer extra levels via download (something I know they've mentioned doing on 3DS, but I could see it happening on WiiU as well.

ZombiU also sounds interesting, I liked having the 'swiss army knife' of your inventory screen and different types of radar/scanners/etc. all on the tablet... and that little bit with the keypad while you can still look up and see the approaching zombies, should seriously bring the tension that these zombie games should always have.

Only things missing are Konami and Capcom games... Maaaaaaaaaaaybe they could revive megaman universe on WiiU? (maybe just shorten it ti Megaman U? there i just gave you a name LOL PATENT PENDING)

Other thoughts:

My feeling is Nintendo didn't launch with something epically AAA so it didn't steal the thunder from the other launch titles... I'm sure by the 2nd wave after all the launch games have been beaten to death I'm sure we'll see SM Galaxy 3 or whatever the next 3D version of the game will be called at next e3.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 am 

I think this is the first year a software publisher has had the most compelling presentation. Outside of Ubisoft I just haven't been that hyped.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 am 

I had a question about a topic brought up on Blackwolf's E3 wrap up show. The Last Guardian. Do you think the game may be getting held back to be released on Sony's next console?

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games