Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Tokyo Jungle
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 pm 
The Bobby Blackwolf Show

It's Life Without People: The Video Game.

It's also definitely a thing.

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I definitely see the charm of it, but also see the inevitable grind of it.

I was also very glad my cats were curled up next to me on the couch during the first real story mission. It made me sad. (spoilers!)

Sadly, I've already found a bug in the game. I started the first Survival mission as the Pomeranian, and went ahead and did some of the challenges on the screen...Before they were unlocked. Apparently you have to do them in order. Unfortunately, I completed the "overtake this area" challenge before that challenge was open, so I could not progress. So, I restarted, and immediately spawned next to a Beagle and was immediately killed, skewing my stats. Finally got it the third time through.

There are a few plushies available for free on the PSN Store, but I can't figure out what they're used for? They're not in the in-game store even though I downloaded them all.

I'm not sure how far I'll make it in the game, I can see it getting a little bit too repetitive for my tastes. Definitely glad that they gave it a shot in the US, which is why I don't regret my purchase. Anyone else here tried it? What do you think?

LIVE Sundays 8PM ET/5PM PT

Post subject: Re: Tokyo Jungle
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:57 am 

I'm enjoying it, certainly not worth the price asked in Japan though. I can sit down and and play for short bursts and not have to think about anything :P

But I am getting a fair bit of slowdown though :S

The plushies aren't bought in the store, they're already attached to the animal. Just start a survival round, go into dress up and they are classed as shirts :)

Post subject: Re: Tokyo Jungle
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm 

Yeah. It can get grindey, but it's something different.... really different. Thanks to being a psplus member, I got it on the cheap so I recommend it.

Plus equipping your dog in tight s&m leather and having him fight cats in safety helmets is a sight to see.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games