[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOG Network • View topic - What are you playing now?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 11 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am 

Hey, I haven't posted here in a while.

Been playing the FFXIV Beta, which is nice and a fun game but unfortunately not worth the subscription fee. I am subscribed to WoW and have still been having a blast playing that, especially with the pet farming in old raids.

On consoles, I've been playing The Last of Us, which is good, but I'm not enjoying it as much as the critics and a few of my friends. It doesn't hold up for me when compared to all the other great games I've played this year like Ni no Kuni, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider. I also suck at stealth. I am looking forward to how the story ends, though. Also playing a lot of cool stuff thanks to a PlayStation Plus trial. I might actually keep it this time.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:40 pm 

As of late it's been Geometry Wars, Magic 2013, Magic 2014, KotOR, Surgeon Simulator 2013 (mainly for the lulz), the 1st 3 Oddworld games, Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic,Sacred Citadel, & Pinball FX2 - all on Steam.

**EDITED on 7/13/13 at 4:46 AM EDT**
I had bought a few more games via Steam, all but 1 were part of Steam's summer sale - FFVII, SimCity 4 Deluxe, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Left 4 Dead 2, Psychonauts, & Ridge Racer Unbounded. Plus I as gifted Telltale's TWD on Steam on Tuesday as well. I'm playing all of these on top of what I originally posted.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 pm 

Indeed I've neglected this thread:

Got a WiiU over the holiday (anyone on miiverse search for 'drktetsuya' and i'll probably add you)

Stuff I've been playing since the holidays:

New SMB U/New Super Luigi U - the sweet combo disc that comes packed with the WiiU... all that practice completing NSMB Wii (which I incidentally completed the world 9 levels in that game) certainly helped a lot! Finished SMB U and Super Luigi U's main game, and SMBU's 'star road' levels.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - while I haven't played as much in recent weeks, I played this quite a bit after receiving it during the holidays. The perfect holdover til Mario Kart 8 (Or Hello Kitty's Kart Racing) comes out. :P

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - I got this for christmas, and didn't finish it til about a couple weeks ago! I've only played about an hour or so of the GCN original, so it was nice to finally be able to play it to completion! The Miiverse extras ('selfies' and the random messages in bottles) are a great extra.

Mario 3D World - I've beaten the main game, as well as three of the four extra levels you get after finishing the game, some of the levels there can be quite tough! Definitely one of the best WiiU games I've played thus far, a worthy successor to games like Mario 64.

DuckTales Remastered - Found a disc copy for $20 at [Evil G] but what can I say about this one, the HD update to the NES classic, with updated visuals, remixed music, and all the original voice actors from the cartoon! and it's just nice to have a disc copy, too.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - was a gift from Gamergirrl she gifted me an eShop card and MH3U was on sale for 20 bucks so we both picked it up and have been playing together online... it's kinda tough to get into at first but if you stick with it and find a good group of people online to play with you should have no trouble getting loot and upgrading your weapons and armor. It's a blast playing with three other people trying to kill a monster and you can even use voice chat to communicate with others! (if you have it you should totally add me on miiverse so you can play with us!!)

NES Remix - I'm a sucker for nintendo's classic library of games, so I knew I had to get this one! random challenges lifted from nintendo's back catalog of NES titles... while not all of them hold up (Ice Climbers I'm looking at you) some actually pleasantly surprised me (once I figured out how Clu Clu Land works it wasn't as bad as people remember it. :P)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:35 pm 

Currently playing Bravely Default(More fun that expected), Pokemon Y(my pokemanz, I must show them to you), Team Fortress 2(Give me your HAT!), Anno 1701(old but fun) Armored Core 4 on occasion, Plants Vs Zombies 2(Android), and what ever else my gaming ADD lures me into.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:50 pm 
Critical Myth

Finished my obsession with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
Moved on to Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

On PS Vita: rotating between a few games right now:

Guacamelee
Ys I+II
Dokuro

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:59 pm 

I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS, though I also have the Wii U version).

I know of some people on VOG that play it, so hopefully we can play online sometime

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:55 pm 

Not counting the ...dozens of games I've started and put away for now: Lightning Returns, FFXIV: ARR, Bravely Default, Borderlands 2 GOTY, Draqon's Crown, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, and Pokemon X (even though I haven't actually played it for weeks, I consider it still being played)...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 pm 

Couple new WiiU titles as of yesterday, sent by my dad:

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct: Okay, well it looks like a Dreamcast game circa-early 2000, but at the very least the music sounds like the show. It does have its moments, where you can sneak up on one of the unsuspecting walkers and (spoilers for those with weak constitutions)

But kind of enjoying it so far, it's not perfect but if you dig the source material (the comics or the AMC series) I'd at least rent it see if you like it!)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted U: Anyone who knows me knows I enjoy my arcade racers (Initial D, Wangan Midnight) and although NFS:MWU is somewhat tougher than most (partly because it's open world and also relatively easy to wipe out) it does have other things that balance it out, little cheats that can be activated via the touchscreen.

And while there's a good selection of cars available at the start (which you can drive almost all of them from the start) there's still a few more you can unlock as you complete races! Only thing lacking is customization (which would've been perfect on the WiiU Gamepad!) But as it is it's a fun if challenging white-knuckle arcade racer.

Only issue I've seen so far is the tracks are all 'open world' so it's easy to miss a vital turn to the next checkpoint which will screw you out of finishing the race, but luckily you can just pause and restart the race, so it simply takes practice to get the route memorized... without wiping out and losing your place!)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am 

As of late I've been playing the following:

Steam: Geometry Wars, Magic 2014, Pinball FX2, Bully: Scholarship Edition, and a whole shitton of other games that I've bought since my last post (too numerous to list them all)

I also signed up for Origin & got a few games for that, but I've primarily been playing Burnout Paradise on there more than anything.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 pm 

Scored La-Mulana on wiiware cus the publisher was doing a twitter giveaway, so been playing that for the most part... also I think I forgot to mention A Link to the Past and Super Mario RPG on virtual console as well, since I got both of those with Club Nintendo coins... and I did recently complete LttP about 32 hours later. I sorta stopped Mario RPG after a while to concentrate on LttP but now that that's over I should be resuming that soon.

Page 11 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games