Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 12 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm 
Critical Myth

Current lineup:

PS3:
Batman: Arkham Origins (mopping up the Enigma stuff)
South Park: The Stick of Truth

Vita:
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (about halfway done)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:18 am 

Lately I've been playing a whole host of Steam games (too many to list) & trying to get through my Backlog of Shame. Some highlights include System Shock 2, Magic 2014, Worms Pinball, Pinball FX2, Pinball Arcade, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter X Tekken, & Geometry Wars, amongst other games.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 am 
Critical Myth

Current lineup:

X360:
Mass Effect 3

Vita:
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm 

Forgot to update this! Stuff I'm playing now and stuff I've beaten since my last update:

Mario Kart 8 - Another winner from Nintendo, absolutely worth the wait! Hopefully there will be lots of extra DLC (as well as interesting use of the Amiibo figures, my guess is it'll save your preferred character/kart/bike/wheels/glider so your customized character is just a swipe away! -- Notice that the karts on the character select screen all appear to be on an Amiibo-style stand??)

Shovel Knight - Recently beat this one after about 13 hours of playing it ... a fun megaman-esque action platform game with lots of powerups to collect and armor upgrades... it's super tough though so be warned if you want to try your hand at this one!

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Actually managed to finish this on WiiU Virtual Console! Do I need to say more?

Super Metroid - Got super frustrating at times, but utilizing YouTube and GameFAQs helped quite a lot!

Castlevania - Got this on Virtual Console recently and completed it! ... yeah never thought I'd see the day I'd beat that one!

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Similar to above, but now with multiple characters (Grant Dinasty being my personal favorite with his ability to climb along walls and jump high. Probably near the end of this one!

Zelda II: Adventure of Link - one of the club nintendo yearly rewards, I picked this one up for free! As I played through it I realized it wasn't nearly as terrible as people were remembering it... Granted I was using the save and load state feature (mainly because I didn't want to lose all of my experience after losing all my lives) but liberal use of the feature helped make the game a lot more tolerable.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 pm 

Four more WiiU eShop games that I picked up recently:

Double Dragon II: The Revenge - It's fun, up until later levels when they start throwing platforming stuff at you ... you have to press both buttons to jump and since it's not primarily a platformer that can lead to an easy death from falling... but fun otherwise.

Brawl Brothers: I thought this was 'Rival Turf' but it's actually the sequel... It's a scrolling beat-em-up with different characters to play as. It's fun, but there's a part in one level that's like a maze that was giving me trouble (but if you know the code, you can switch it to the Japanese Super Famicom version which is apparently easier.)

Life Force - Felt like adding another NES Konami shooter to my library, though I forgot how tough this one was, the 30 lives cheat isn't as helpful as it was in Contra!

Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - Capcom held a sale leading up to Labor Day weekend so I grabbed this for 6.75 instead of the usual ($12 or $15 iirc) the sweet double-pack of the two Capcom arcade beat-em-ups set in the fantasy worlds of D&D, this also supports up to four players at once, *with* online play!

There's also a ton of extras, like unlockable art galleries (even featuring scans from the special 'Secret Files' Japanese guide to the game that came out alongside it) as well as concept art and special 'house rules' for online multiplayer to modify how the game plays. There's a long list of 'challenges' that you have to complete in order to get the currency to access unlocks.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 am 

now that the holidays are over I picked up some new games:

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU: Do I even have to say anything? And I also got the Link Amiibo, so I can train him up to be a CPU fighter for fighting people online!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Been wanting a full game of these levels ever since Super Mario 3D World, and now that it's a thing I'll probably be spending some quality time with this one!

Sonic: Lost World: Picked this up at a pawn shop for about 25 bucks... seems a lot harder than usual for a sonic game, but still pretty fun. Combines semi-3D elements with classic 2D sidescrolling Sonic action.

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3: Been playing this over vacation so I brought it home maybe I'll play through it again at some point.

And I do still play Mario Kart 8 on occasion, what with the new DLC tracks out now, as well as the forthcoming ones this May!!

Metroid: This was one of the Club Nintendo rewards for December, so I grabbed it so I could have it digitally and add it to the collection.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:36 am 
Critical Myth

Wow, haven't updated this for a while!

PS4: Shadow of Mordor - about 67% completed
PS3: Dragon Age: Origins - not even close to done
PSV: Final Fantasy X-2 Remaster - just started

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 pm 

NES REMIX PACK: sadly my existing NES REMIX 1 save wouldn't work, but I'm enjoying all the newer games in Remix 2! Also getting in a few rounds of Championship Mode, inspired by the Nintendo World Championship 1990 NES game pak.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:47 pm 

I got a new laptop and while admittedly I haven't touched a lot of WiiU stuff this past week, I'm sure I'll go back to it eventually. but here's what I've been checking out since:

Hearthstone - some of these later tutorial levels are getting annoying, I haven't won one in a good while! but kind of a neat WoW-meets-MTG strategy card game.

Need For Speed World - I've had an account since forever, but now that I have a machine that can actually run the game decently I'll probably try to play this a little bit more.

assorted mame/emulated stuff - Just to see how hard I can push this thing, all the higher-end stuff I've thrown at it seems to work flawlessly!

La-Mulana - Since I apparently already used up my steam key for it, I decided I'd just play it on here! Especially since the PC version has all the extras like the bonus dungeon.... ;)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 pm 

Sadly on break with La-Mulana (which sucks cause I was about to fight another boss!) because one of the microswitches on the joystick I was using went out, but I decided to go back to some stuff I neglected, as well as one other Steam game that doesn't really support a joystick afaik:

Captain Toad - back to the Chapter 2 missions with Captain Toadette! :P

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - randomly decided to give it another go I looked up on youtube how to beat the boss, seems I only have one last level to do before I beat it!

Don't Starve / Together - Hat tip to Gamergirrl for the hookup, this Steam game is basically a survival simulator, you have to forage for food, find supplies for a campfire during the nights so you don't die, and eventually make better equipment and weapons for hunting and defense against the elements. the Don't Starve Together expansion is currently in Early Access beta, but seems to work just fine. Same as the original game, but you can team up with your friends to try and survive as long as possible! While it does get kinda tedious after too long, it's still kinda fun for a half-hour or so once you've got the hang of the game.

Page 12 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games