Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games

Page 14 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:48 am 
Critical Myth

I think I've caught Gamer ADD from the VOG community...LOL...

PS4:

Batman: Arkham Knight - surprisingly, this game is struggling to grab me on the obsessive level I anticipated; I think all these plot-forced Batmobile missions are interfering with my enjoyment...

Final Fantasy Type-0 (I'm basically using special training to level the crap out of everyone for a while...so no real gameplay, just daily checking in to reset the 24-hour training timer)
Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, as episodes are released!

PS3:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep HD - about done with Terra's story, so maybe 30% completed

PS Vita:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (about 25% done, trying to get 100% completion!)

XB 360:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - I have no idea why, but I suddenly had a hankering for it

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:50 pm 

seems like I get more games than I finish, that Gamer ADD thing must be contagious, LOL but I got one more:

Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - I saw that it was on sale for 2 bucks so I thought I would give it a try. Actually a pretty fun puzzler! you play as a little kiwi bird and you have to navigate various levels and collect all the eggs while building bridges and freezing other enemies. But you only have a limited amount of supplies (except the freeze ray, I believe) so you have to manage your resources carefully to finish each level.

Luckily if you mess up you can rewind time if you need to undo a mistake, or if you accidentally get killed you can rewind to just before your last death. There's a ton of levels in the game and five worlds as well as several unlockable bonus levels, so this one will keep you busy for a while!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:21 pm 

Just had a nice vacation and I finished two games in my backlog I hadn't touched in a year or more. I beat the story on both Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Bit Trip Runner 2. Still playing lots and lots of Splatoon, as well as daily Hearthstone, some Final Fantasy XIV and Kick and Fennick, which is a really cool Vita game that was free with PS Plus.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:45 pm 

Just picked up Super Mario Maker! After having played it for just a couple hours, I could totally see myself playing this for hours til the 'low battery' light comes on my gamepad, LOL!

but it's so much fun! making and sharing your levels, and seeing what the other users thought it's a great experience! you definitely will learn a lot about game design with this one, what works, what doesn't... and maybe experimenting with different things too.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 pm 

Well, I had been on sort of a gaming hiatus due to a family issue/emergency since 8/27/15, but I'm slowly getting back into things. Played a little bit of Magic 2014, Pac-Man Museum, Mount Your Friends, & I honestly forget what else.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:12 am 

Since my last update, played through Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Until Dawn and started Batman Arkham Knight and tried out a friend's copy of Mario Maker and of course played lots of Splatoon. Playing Lords of Waterdeep, Hearthstone, and Marvel Puzzle Quest on my iPhone as well.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:41 pm 

I forgot to update this with some more recent pickups!

flipped some games at [Evil G]* and bought a couple of shop cards, for Steam and Nintendo's eShop:

Megaman Legacy Collection - finally had the chance to pick this up! All six of the NES Megaman games, with some neat screen filters and various resolutions, so you could emulate the effect of playing on a 4:3 standard definition TV! Also cool are all the extras, a huge art gallery, and a special 'challenge mode' which plays similarly to NES remix, you get small snippets from the six games, and you have to get to the end in the fastest time possible! and your attempt gets saved as a replay and you can compare how you did on a worldwide leaderboard, and watch your adversaries' replays as well, if you get stuck somewhere.

Sonic CD - had about five bucks left on steam so I grabbed this... the SEGA CD didn't have too many great games, but this was definietly one of them! sonic travels through time in order to stop dr. robotnik and face Metal Sonic! HD visuals and the soundtrack for both the US and JPN/EU versions, so no matter where you stand on that debate, you'll be happy with this one!!

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - I never really had the chance to play the GBA Castlevanias (minus Circle of the Moon which I used to own) ... this is definitely a worthy followup to Symphony of the Night! lots of exploring with tons of enemies, weapons and items, and tons of secrets to discover!

(interesting to note, there was an interview with IGA where they talked to him while they played through a little bit of SOTN, he talked about a feature where Alucard could have his own room and collect furniture and things to put in it.... apparently it didn't make the cut in SOTN, but I discovered that's actually in HOD! kind of a neat bit of trivia, anyway)

River City Ransom - I must've played this a hundred times back on NES, but never actually managed to beat it! since it came out on Wii U VC in recent months I thought I would jump on it now that I had some funds for the eshop. part Double Dragon, part RPG it's actually pretty fun!

Stinger - The one US release of a little known series outside of Japan, Twinbee... It's pretty much par for the course for tough Konami shooters... the powerup system is tricky too you have to juggle the bells by shooting them til they turn the right color... it takes a while to even get to the 'white' one, which is the double shot.

* Gamestop, if you listen to the sunday shows we started calling it that. :P

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:53 am 

decided to blow the dust off my copy of Final Fantasy 12 and the strategy guide and try to complete it once and for all! (though if I get xenoblade x for christmas we might have a problem :P)

Also on PC been playing a lot of Magic Duels, a free to play Magic the Gathering game. though you can purchase coins to buy the booster packs, or you can just play the campaign mode or just a single duel vs. the computer or a human opponent to earn coins that way. the new Battle for Zendikar expansions just launched recently so I've been grinding for coins to pick up some packs for that set so that I have some more of the newer cards to stand more of a chance against my opponents!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:31 am 

Welp I did get Xenoblade X for my birthday, and since I'm basically stuck in FF12 anyway ... I think XCX is gonna take most of my videogame time. :P

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:46 pm 

Still plugging away at XCX got over 20 hours logged in as of right now, but I did repair my NES, and cleaned my collection so I've been getting back into my classic games!

Page 14 of 15 [ 148 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » The VOG Lifestyle » Video Games